- I was born on August 7, 1989. That makes me a Leo, and yes I love astrology! Check Co-Star so you can get into it as well! P.S. – My moon and rising are both Libra ☺
- I’m married to my best friend – Bryant “Keith” Ford, Jr. We’ve got 7 years of love & 4 years of marriage under our belt. Our beautiful son Aiden Michael Ford is 15 months.
- A former cross country runner, but those days are long over. I once ran 3.1 miles in 22 minutes.
- While I did grow up cleaning the house every Saturday morning, my parents played a wide variety of tunes: Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Whitney Houston, and TLC just to name a few.
- My Uncle Elmer would always give me the mixtapes and CDs my mother didn’t want me listening to. I remember riding around Cambridge in his car listening to Young Jeezy Presents USDA and DJ Envy mixtapes. What a life. Lol.
- MTV was my shit growing up. I was well versed in pop culture. Also, can we make MTV Unplugged popular again? One of my favorites is Jay-Z Unplugged which was filmed back in 2001.
- I was once a former workaholic and frequent party girl. I worked a “9-5”, McDonalds, and Hollister all at once. I defined Brew River Thursdays in college.
- I graduated from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore and Salisbury University in December 2011 – I was a 4 year dual major and I earned my bachelor’s degrees in both Sociology & Social Work.
- My master’s in Public Administration was obtained from Ashford University in 2013. I was not accepted in Salisbury University’s Master of Social Work Program because of my combined weighted GPA from UMES & Salisbury during undergrad. This baffles me because I maintained a 3.0 at Salisbury during undergrad, but I rewrote my story and took the best path for me!
- In 2013 I became the first black director of a small nonprofit named Village of Hope, Inc. In fact, it was my internship from 2010 – 2011. I am a true hustler!
- My resume is stacked. I have experience in the government, for-profit, non-profit, and public sectors. Helping others is what I am passionate about.
- I enjoy marijuana and CBD.
- Mommy breaks are essential. I take a trip / time to myself about every 3 months.
- I have been pretty lean all of my life. I am a habitual snacker and I eat about 4-5 times a day.
- My favorite cocktail is an old fashioned made with Makers Mark.
- I love going to the library. Just call me the black Carrie Bradshaw!
- There are crystals and gemstones all over my house. I sage and meditate as often as I can for clarity and peace.
- I can be very introverted at times and I hate small talk. It’s why I don’t like talking on the phone.
- After postpartum I was cleared to return to fitness activities at 6 weeks. From that point I began roughly 2-3 workouts per week to get back in shape. I lost all 54 lbs that I gained during pregnancy. It was a personal goal for my own health.
- Yoga, barre, pilates, and water aerobics are my favorite wellness activities.
- I have generalized anxiety disorder, but it doesn’t have me.
- Higher Learning is my favorite John Singleton film.
- A Different World inspired me to go to an HBCU. I have watched every season more times than I can remember!
- It’s not my desire to have more children. I am happy.
- Noah “40” Shebib is one of my favorite producers.
- Black lives will always matter. Today. Tomorrow. And every day after that.
You can call me Jas. Most people who know me well usually do, and it feels intimate. I once had a past lover who gave me life advice I still practice to this day. He told me I should really try to learn more about people beyond what I see on the surface. And you know what? He was right. For about two weeks now I have been writing, creating, and sharing, but you all deserve to get a little more intimate with me. So, what is there to know about Jasmine Camille Ford? I could write a book, but here are some fun facts for now . . .
Wanna know more? Follow me on Instagram at @simplivingwithjas.
Photo: Social Curator, 2020.